Job Opportunity in London - Office Assistant
An opportunity has arisen for someone to join our team in London as a full-time office assistant, in what will be a varied and interesting role. The office assistant’s primary focus will be the smooth running of Chambers’ processes and the provision of administrative assistance to our arbitrators, Chambers Director and Finance Manager. The office assistant will also help with the organisation of networking events and other marketing endeavours, and with other appropriate tasks across the business.
The duties of the office assistant will include (but are not limited to):
- Performing clerical duties, including receiving and sending documents by post or courier, answering the telephone, monitoring and replenishing office supplies and refreshments, managing refuse and recycling;
- Welcoming visitors to Chambers and managing refreshments;
- Electronic filing of documents and assisting members of Chambers with basic IT support;
- Formatting of documents and data entry;
- Photocopying, scanning and shredding of documents;
- Assisting with organising events;
- Preparing draft paperwork when requested to do so and assisting members with recording of time;
- Opening the office and ensuring that the office remains clean and tidy throughout the day, including a small kitchen area;
- Assisting with the preparation of marketing materials and with managing social media.
The right candidate should have a number of years’ experience working in a professional environment, preferably in the legal sector, and should possess excellent customer care skills. They will be a clear communicator, fluent in oral and written English, with meticulous attention to detail. The candidate will need to be enthusiastic, responsive and self-driven, with excellent organisational skills and time-keeping. They will also be a strong team player, recognising that Chambers is a small organisation, with many competing demands on employees’ time. The successful candidate should have good proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs, including Word and Excel.
Any candidate must also be available immediately in London and be entitled to work in the UK (without the need to apply for a visa).
Usual working hours will be 8.30am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday. Salary range of £25,000 to £30,000, depending on experience (with flexibility for an exceptional candidate).
If you are interested in applying for the position, please send a cover letter and CV to Sarah Lancaster, Chambers Director, at email@example.com on or before 8 September 2023.
Applications will be reviewed, and interviews granted, on a rolling basis. If we do not respond to you, it means that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.