- Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, Georgetown Law Center (2009)
- Master of Global Business Law, joint degree program with Université de Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne and Sciences Po (2008)
- Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude with Honors in Political Science and Economics, The George Washington University (2003)
- New York State Bar (2009)
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern District and Eastern District of New York (2010)
- Senior Counsel - Arbitration Chambers – New York (April 2020–Present)
- Adjunct Professor of Law - American University, Washington College of Law – Washington, DC (2015–Present)
- Legal Counsel - International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes – Washington, DC (2013–2020)
- International Case Manager - International Centre for Dispute Resolution – New York (2012–2013)
- Associate, International Arbitration Group - Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP – New York and London (2009–2012)
- Human Rights Analyst - International Crisis Group – Dakar, Senegal (2009)
- Summer Associate, International Arbitration Group - Shearman & Sterling LLP – Paris (2008)
- Public Health Volunteer - United States Peace Corps – Cotonou, Benin (2003–2005)
Experience in Practice
Lindsay has acted as tribunal secretary, tribunal assistant and counsel in more than 40 international arbitrations, including the following:
Tribunal Secretary / Assistant
- Tribunal Secretary in an ad hoc UNCITRAL arbitration seated in London involving European and African companies operating in the African mining sector.
- Administrative Secretary in an ICC arbitration seated in Honolulu arising out of a supply contract in the technology sector.
- Administrative Secretary in an ICC arbitration seated in New York concerning a licensing dispute between companies in the United States and Asia.
- Tribunal Assistant in Nova Group Investments, B.V. v. Romania (ICSID Case No. ARB/16/19).
- Administrative Secretary in an ICC arbitration seated in New York arising out of a shareholders’ dispute between a multinational energy company and South American, BVI and Bahamas entities.
- Tribunal Secretary in Ministry of Land and Property of the Republic of Tatarstan v. Ukraine, an UNCITRAL/PCA investment arbitration relating to the energy sector.
- Tribunal Secretary in an ad hoc investment treaty arbitration between Austrian companies and a Central European state involving the tourism sector.
- Tribunal Secretary in Global Telecom Holding S.A.E. v. Canada (ICSID Case No. ARB/16/16).
- Tribunal Secretary in Hela Schwarz GmbH v. People’s Republic of China (ICSID Case No. ARB/17/19).
- Tribunal Secretary in Pawlowski AG and Project Sever s.r.o. v. Czech Republic (ICSID Case No. ARB/17/11).
- Tribunal Secretary and Secretary to the ad hoc Annulment Committee in Karkey Karadeniz Elektrik Uretim A.S. v. Islamic Republic of Pakistan (ICSID Case No. ARB/13/1).
- Tribunal Secretary in Mobil Investments Canada Inc. v. Canada (ICSID Case No. ARB/15/6).
- Tribunal Secretary in Lighthouse Corporation Pty Ltd and Lighthouse Corporation Ltd, IBC v. Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste (ICSID Case No. ARB/15/2).
- Tribunal Secretary in EuroGas Inc. and Belmont Resources Inc. v. Slovak Republic (ICSID Case No. ARB/14/14).
- Tribunal Secretary in CEAC Holdings Limited v. Montenegro (ICSID Case No. ARB/14/8).
- Tribunal Secretary in Eli Lilly and Company v. Canada (ICSID Case No. UNCT/14/2), a NAFTA/UNCITRAL arbitration.
- Tribunal Secretary in Lieven J. van Riet, Chantal C. van Riet and Christopher van Riet v. Republic of Croatia (ICSID Case No. ARB/13/12).
- Secretary of three Tribunals constituted in Ossama Al Sharif v. Arab Republic of Egypt (ICSID Case Nos. ARB/13/3, ARB/13/4 and ARB/13/5).
- Secretary to the ad hoc Annulment Committee in Adem Dogan v. Turkmenistan (ICSID Case No. ARB/09/9)
- Tribunal Secretary in Vattenfall AB and others v. Federal Republic of Germany (ICSID Case No. ARB/12/12).
- Defended an African government agency in three major construction disputes under the ICC, SCC and UNCITRAL rules.
- Represented an multinational company in an ICSID arbitration asserting claims relating to its extensive hydrocarbon and refining assets in Venezuela.
- Represented a French energy company in the quantum stage of an ICSID arbitration against Argentina.
- Represented the government of Grenada in the enforcement of an ICSID costs award in U.S. federal court.
- Defended a large financial firm in an ICC arbitration involving claims arising from the acquisition of an Asian business unit.
- Represented a multi-national energy consortium in an ad hoc arbitration against an African governmental entity arising out of a share purchase agreement.
Professional Activities and Qualifications
- American Society of International Law, Women in International Law Mentor
- Equal Representation in Arbitration Pledge, Young Practitioners Subcommittee
- International Bar Association, Arbitration and Mediation Committees
- Certified Sommelier (Court of Master Sommeliers)
- English (native)
- French (fluent)